Thursday, April 22, 2010

Our Life Update

So it's official! I'm the worst at updating my blog!! Life has been so extremely crazy for both of us lately!! Well the last post was way back before Christmas so I'll do my best to update from there till now. Christmas was great. Jason's family had celebrated Christmas over Thanksgiving so they all did Christmas with their individual families so we spent most of the time with my family. We had tons of fun sledding with melinda's family and opening gifts with my family.





For new years, we went to a place called paradise springs I believe. It's up by Logan. We spent a couple of days up there with the Bastian Family. We had tons of fun playing games, ice skating and hanging out with the family.





January brought many fun experiences. We were able to go to our good friend Spencer's wedding and we are so happy he found someone that makes him happy. Jason was also the winner of Mentor of The Year through the safety net mentor program. I'm so proud of him and his hard work. We love spending time with Lamont and Jason is SO good with him!! It's been amazing to sit back and watch the progress they have both made with each other throughout the past two years.





In February, we celebrated my birthday. My sweet husband took me to breakfast and then threw me a surprise birthday party that night. We had so much fun and they pulled it off well. My good friend Kelsey took me to dinner while Jason got it all organized and when we got home everyone was here. Here are some pictures later that night.




In March, Jason and I were privileged to receive a scholarship through the Americorps program to go to Little Rock Arkansas for the IMPACT conference. I was a wonderful experience. We went to many great lectures on how to better serve those around us and to be a better leader. We were also able to visit the Little Rock Central High. This is where the story of the Little Rock nine took place. If you haven't heard that story you should look it up and read about it. If you ever have a chance to visit there it is amazing!







For easter this year, we went to Richfield for one night for McCady's baptisms. It was so special and she is such an amazing little girl. Then saturday morning we headed down to Hurricane to camp with Jason's family there. It was so fun! We listened to conference and played with the kids. They took us on hikes and mades "caves". We have the cutest nephews and nieces and are so excited to have a new one and one more on the way!! This trip I got down there and realized my camera was dead so again no pictures.

Jason's birthday was april 6th. This year he just wanted a shotgun so my uncle Bill was so generous in helping us find a good one for him. While we were in Richfield, I blind folded him and took him into Jorgensen's where they had two laid out on the counter for him to choose from. He loves it!! Then on his actual birthday, we had friends over for pie and ice cream. He is the big 24!!! I also got him a few small things. He wanted the Back to the Future movies! Of all movies he picks back to the future! Silly boy! So he got all of those as well. I love him so much and am so grateful for all he does!!

The next night, We went to an awards ceremony. Jason had been nominated for Distinguished Volunteer Service Award for UVU. There were three finalists out of many applications and Jason won!! He got a really nice plaque and 500.00! He has done so many wonderful things in helping and serving others and so it was so fun for me to be able to see him recognized for those things!!! His friend Zach also won the student of the year award so here are pictures of them together as well as with their med school advisor and Jason with our Americorps advisor.






This month we also sold Jason's motorcycle. He was SOOO sad to see it go, but we need the money to help with med school applications. We sold it to a guy from Idaho. It was definitely a bitter sweet parting and we'll miss all the fun rides!!





Other than that, our lives have been pretty normal. We're both still in school and working. Jason is doing everything he can to get ready to apply to medical school. He takes the MCAT June 17th and we're hoping to have all his applications in by June 1st to get the early date with MCAT scores pending. Everyone pray for him that he'll do well on the MCAT and we'll be heading off to med school next year. He is also still working a little bit at Excel Eye Center and loves his job! I just finished my first year of dental hygiene. I start again May 3rd and will go all through the summer, fall, and spring and graduate next april! This first year has gone by so quickly and hopefully the next year will also!!! Here are a few pictures!






Life is full of changes right now! With close friends moving, other's moving back, us getting ready for medical school and who knows what else is to come!! We have fun and exciting times ahead of us and we hope you'll all keep in touch!!

5 comments:

Brian and Stacy said...

Oh. My. Heavens!!! I never thought I'd see the day when you posted something new! Haha. I'm glad you got a few minutes away from studying to show us fun pictures. :)

Jason and Kayli said...

ha ha yeah it's been too long!! I'll try to do better!!!

Natalie said...

I concur. You are possibly the worst blogger but I still love you. I am glad everything is going well for you.

The Damron's said...

SO glad to see the update. I had no idea Jason had won those awards, way to go Bro- and Paul was sad to see the motorcycle go because he really did want it, but his mean wife wouldn't let him. Anyway cant wait to see you guys again, and way to go! love you both!

Nicole said...

Congrats on the award! I didn't know you had even applied for it. I guess I should try calling you more. Were proud of all the hard work you are doing!! (That you includes Kayli)
We missed you this weekend. love ya!