So this christmas went by way to fast! We were able to go down to richfield the monday night before Christmas. We stayed at my parents house and it was as busy as ever! We had been looking for a toy chest/blanket chest for Adi's room and my mom found one online but it was too much money so I showed it to Jason and he decided to build it instead. So he spent all day tuesday, thursday and friday building the CUTEST toy chest ever!!! On wednesday and thursday, he spent all day doing a rural outreach program for med school where they went to four different high schools and taught them about medical school and helped them dissect cow hearts. So he was busy all week. Then we spent Christmas at my mom's house that morning and went to his parents house during the afternoon. We had a blast and were spoiled! Adi got a jumparoo as well as lots of toys and clothes from grandma's and grandpa's and aunts! We loved having her first christmas even though she didn't really get it and slept through it all but next year will be a blast! We also got to skype with Riley which was amazing! It was so good to see him and talk to him! It was so cute cause right when he got on he wanted to see Adilynn cause he's never met her so we held her up to the computer and he started to make faces at her and she smiled SO big at him! It melted my heart!! He's doing so well and we are so so proud of him!


We were also able to see our friend Ying from Taiwan who was here nine years ago as a foreign exchange student and came back to visit! It was so fun to see her too!
The whole next week, Jason helped my dad on the farm because he had found out the day after christmas that he had to make a lot of changes by Jan. 1st in order for Gossners to still pick up his milk. So they slaved away all day monday through friday! I think I saw Jason more during finals week than I did on this "break" ha ha poor boy! So we were really looking forward to the reunion for new years where we could just relax. This year the Bastian reunion was in Ogden so Friday night we packed up from my mom's house and headed up. My family went straight there but we decided we would spend that night at our house in salt lake and go up saturday night. That way we could sleep in our own beds and give Adi her bath at home and then see everyone sat. Well we got home about eleven thirty that night and came in and put everything from the car in our living room so we wouldn't have to haul it all up to ogden. I fed Adi and then went downstairs to give her a bath and put her to bed. When I got down there, I opened the door to our room and it reeked of musty water smell. Our floor was damp and there was a laundry basket under the vent FULL of water! We called our landlord and did what we could but decided we shouldn't stay there incase of mold so that Adi wasn't breathing that in all night. So about two thirty in the morning after putting fans on the floor and everything, we headed up to Ogden afterall. Needless to say, Adi didn't get her bath that night. Well Saturday morning Jason headed back down to salt lake and worked all day to clean that up and move all our stuff out of our room. Come to find out, our neighbor's water heater had gone out and they had to come replace it and blow out their lines that were plugged. Well when they blew out the lines, it blew all the water into our apartment and it went into our vents and flooded our room and the bathroom. Our water heater got a hole in the holding tank as well so Monday they had to come replace that too. It all worked out but was just a bummer that Jason still didn't get a break! He got back to Ogden about 8:30 that night and we celebrated new years and then came home sunday and cleaned our house. Monday we finally got one day to pretty much relax with a little bit more cleaning and back to school on tuesday and work on wednesday! It was a fun break and we loved seeing everyone but hopefully our next break will be a little less hectic! I was horrible at taking pictures but here are some of the ones I did take!
The toy chest that Jason built from scratch!!! It's amazing!

Spray painting it in my parent garage

The finished project with the cute minky pads my mom made for it!


My darling sisters in their new footie pajamas!
This is what Adi did while we opened presents! I don't think grammy objected though!
A fun project I did for Adi's room. I also made some for the Grandma's for christmas. Thank you pinterest!

Since we've been back, Jason has just been super busy with school again and I've been working! Nothing exciting! Last night was Jamie's birthday so my family did come back up and we all went to Tucano's which was way fun!
We've also been able to do a few things with some of our med school friends which has also been a blast! I'm go grateful for good friends who keep me sane through this process!!
Jason's parents also got their mission call to Guatemala City South, Guatemala mission. It's really neat because Jason and his mom barbara were able to go last year down to chiquimula guatemala for a medical trip and we just found out it is in their mission so they will get to visit all the people they met there and stayed with! Barbara is SO excited to see them all again! I think Dale is a little nervous not knowing spanish but I know he'll do great! He is called to work in the mission home and Barbara is called to be the mission nurse! They will serve for 18 months and leave on Feb. 27th! We are so so excited for them but will miss them dearly!
Adilynn is doing so well and we just love her to pieces! She is three and a half months now! Where did the time go? She is loving the bumbo and has started to laugh a little when mom tickles her! She is so happy and loves bath time the most still but continue's to hate getting dressed afterward! (I'm not sure what to thing of her loving being naked already! :) )
Sorry this is blurry but I love her smile!




Sorry this post is so long and scattered! Hope you are all doing well and here's to a great 2012!!!
4 comments:
Sounds like you guys are doing great! Adi is so cute and getting so big! Next time you guys are in Richfield we need to get together!
Ohhh....that last picture is soooo cute! I'm so glad that we get to spend so much time with such a cutie!
Ok, so that toy chest is AMAZING!!!!! I absolutely LOVE it! What a darling idea! You had the most crazy Christmas I think I've heard about, but I'm glad you had a good time and everything worked out.
Kayli I kept feeling so bad for Jason as I was reading your post.
You would keep saying he would get a break and when I would read about his setback I would say, "No!".
You guys are so determined and hard workers. I think he'd go crazy if he did get a break. Love that he made that toy chest though. So thoughtful.
Your family is so cute! You're an adorable mom. Miss you though. Been thinking about you often.
I didn't realize you went private and since private blogs don't show when you update, I didn't realize you updated your blog. Adi is so cute! She definitely has Jensen in her ;) So cute! That picture project you made of Adi's feet is adorable! Is it wood with a picture modge podged? I need you to help me make it...whatever it is :) So cute!
Post a Comment