Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy Month

Well I'm a little behind, but this month has been crazy busy! On the twelth of July, we were planning to go to seven peaks with some of Jason's family but then it didn't work out so we hurried and drove to ogden for a big family reunion for the Hales'. That is My mom's side of the family. Now when I say big, I mean one of those reunions where you don't know anyone but your close family. We all had to wear name tags saying which line of hales we were from. It was kind of interesting but fun. We were able to learn a lot about the history of the hales family that I had never heard about. Elder Robert D. Hales was there and he spoke and they had a huge talent show.









I am also related to the gentleman who makes the moroni statues that go on top of the temples. (See what I mean by big reunion, I don't even remember his name! That's terrible) But it was pretty cool to see some of his work as well!






Then the next weekend, Friday the 18th my cousin Mike Hales got married to Brittney! So we went to their wedding in the evening. As soon as the wedding was over, we hurried back to our house to meet Paul, Becca, and Cason and drove to Idaho falls where we stayed at Scott and Norma's house. We got there about mid-night and the next morning we drove to Rexburg to the temple where Jason's cousing Bobbi got married to Laura! While in Rexburg, we went to meet one of Jason's old mission companions, Wood and we happened to pass one of his other old companions Zach Morris. So they came to lunch with us and talked for a while. Then we drove back down to Shelly where the reception was. Jason was one of the best men so he was able to stand in the reception line. After the reception, we all drove back home. We got to my house about midnight again and Paul and Becca decided to finish the drive to Richfield.

Then for the 24th, we went up to East Reservoir in Salt Lake and met up with my sister Jamie and her friend Skye. They were up there cause one of their friend's was in a wake boarding competition. I'd never seen one but man some of those guys were crazy! It was way fun to watch!


While we were there, we were walking down a big hill to get to the side of the lake and there was loose gravel and I slipped and split open the back of my heel. Jason decided we are never going to the lake again cause the last time we went, I ended up with 11 stitches in my ear. But needless to say we are headed to lake powell this weekend.

Then Friday the 25th my mom brought up Riley, Danielle, Shandi and Tressa and they went school shopping. They stayed at our house that night and on Sat. we went to Seven Peaks. Danielle had to be back home by six for a parent night performance for cheer so My mom, Riley and Danielle left at three. We kept Shandi and Tressa up here with us and that night we went to Jump On It. It's a place that has over 10,000 sq. ft. of trampolines. It was a blast. Then we went to McDonalds and to Target to get them Sunday Dresses. They stayed with us till Sunday afternoon and we met my mom in Nephi to drop them off. It was a very fun weekend. On Sunday I was also given the calling of the Primary Pianist! I'm very excited to be with the kids!

So it's been a pretty fun and eventful month!!!

4 comments:

The 4 of us! said...

Hey your guys. glad to see you in the blog world. Yours is way cute by the way.. you to are looking great!! come say hi on tbbloodblog.blogspot.com. keep in touch

The Busey Family said...

Sound like you guys have been busy! How are you doing?

Leslie Butler said...

Hey guys! How is everything? We haven't seen you in ages. I'm glad to see everything is going well! Are you guys still in Utah Valley?

Sandra Davis said...

You guys are soooo cute!! Just wanted to tell you that!! :)Miss you guys!