Well since we've been home over two months now, I guess it's time to update our blog with our Hawaii trip. We had SO much fun! Thanks so much to Erica, Luke and the Smith's for letting us go! We were able to do everything from skydiving, swimming with sharks, visiting the PCC, pearl harbor, and the doll plantation, to relaxing on the beach! It was so much fun!! Here are some fun stories!
So we were able to go and do the shark cages. The night before and the morning of Jason made sure to take some motion sickness pills because he gets sick really easy. Well we made it out to the sharks without any problems. We climbed in the cage and they released us from the boat. The water was pretty choppy that morning so we were kinda being tossed around pretty good. We got out far enough from the boat and they told us we could go under water. We expected to go under and just have the sharks swim up to the cage. Well we stuck our heads under water and there were about 10 to 15 sharks that were 12 to 15 feet long circling our cage all around us!! It was the craziest feeling and definately took my breath away for a minute!! We were able to stay out there and watch them for about 20 minutes. While out there we also had a baracuda come close enough to see. Also a little frighteneing! He could fit through the cage bars. Well about 10 minutes into it I look over and Jason is throwing up over the side of the cage. I didn't know at the time but this is about the 3rd time! Poor guy! I asked if he was ok and he said yeah. Well being the tough guy he is and knowing this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, he stuck it out till it was time to get back in the boat. We climbed back in and I asked Jason if he was ok. Erica asked if he threw up and when we told her yes she said something to the effect of, "that's what was all around us! I thought it was the chum they threw out for the sharks and some of it got stuck inbetween my mask and my lip!!" We felt so bad but she's a good sport poor girl!
We also were able to go to the premier of the PCC's new show "HA The Breath of Life" It was incredible!!! We loved it!
Pearl harbor was a great experience as well. It was really neat to see and talk with some of the survivors of pearl harbor and to see all the monuments! What a sad day that was!!
We spent lots of time at the beach boogy boarding, snorkling and Jason even got to try surfing. I'm definately not a boogy boarder as I was thrown to the ground many times! (the waves weren't even that big either) Jason did well surfing but unfortunately, the waves were almost non existant the day we went out with the surf board. We only had it rented for that day so it was the only chance he had. He was able to get up a few times though and I know with a little practice, he'd be up in no time!
We ate at some really good places and I'll tell you what, the people in Hawaii know how to eat! I don't think I've ever eaten as much in two weeks as I did in Hawaii!! Our favorite was to go to Matsumoto's!! We loved to go get the shaved ice with the yummy ice cream in the bottom! It was delicious!!!
We were able to hike to monowili (I don't think I spelled that right) falls and go jump off the cliffs into the water fall. It was so much fun! It was a gorgeous hike too!!
We saw many animals including a lot of crabs, some spinner dolphins, sea turtles, an eel, and many other sea life creatures! It was such a fun trip and I can't thank the smith's enough for their kindness in letting us stay! What a great memory that we'll never forget!!!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment