School has been going really well but is also SO busy! Jason is taking some difficult classes so he's busy with homework constantly. He is also in the pre-med club presidency and is always busy with that. He's still mentoring Lamont and does something with him at least once a week, is still in young mens with the deacons and so he has that once a week too as well as meetings. He's also still working about 10hours a week. But he's enjoying all of it (maybe not homework all the time or maybe that's just me wanting to go play) but he does well at balancing everything!
I'm in dental hygiene school now and I love being able to be going to school for my career finally! It's been very demanding but I'm learning so much! I just hope I can remember everything for boards in two years! :) I love learning in clinic and some of the classroom stuff and the rest of it you just get through! I am also stil working for Packer Dental and love my job! Lisa and Dr. Packer are so good to me! It will be a sad day when I have to move and find another Job wherever Jason gets into med school! I am currently serving as the SADHA (Student american dental hygiene association) president for my class. This is a great opportunity and I've loved getting to know the other girls better in my class through working with them.
So that's pretty much our lives lately but we have had some time for fun to. We were able to go down to Richfield for the deer hunt both weekends. Jason went up on west and I stayed down in the valley with my dad. The first weekend I shot at a two point and was sure I had hit him. My dad saw him hunch over and we were sure he went down. We saw the other doe he was with jump the fence but never saw him go with them. Well we went over to where he was standing and couldn't find him anywhere. My dad followed the tracks into the field where the others had gone and couldn't find anything. We looked for a half hour till it was to dark to see then went back the next morning. Still nothing. Not a drop of blood or anything. We concluded I must have missed him. Jason didn't see anything at all this weekend. Well the next weekend we went down and didn't have any luck either. I didn't see anything and Jason saw a spike but never got a good shot at it. Well the next weekend which was two weekends after I shot at that first buck, my dad calls me and says, "I found your deer". He was driving down the highway and saw some birds circling out in the field where the doe had gone and was though that must be it so he went over in the field and sure enough there was my deer rotted and gross! I was so sad that all that great meat went to waste. Kinda a bummer for the first deer I've ever shot at! If we had even seen a drop of blood and knew I hit him we would have found him! Oh well next time I guess!
For halloween we were able to go to Lagoon with Dallas and his wife Amy and Riley and Danielle during the day. Of course I forgot my camera so we didn't get any pictures of that. That night we had a little party at our house. We had fun with some friends then Jamie brought over some of her friends. It was so much fun to have Riley and Danielle up here with us too! Here are some pictures. I was Storm from X-men and Jason was Saber Tooth and Kassi was a prom queen.
4 comments:
Looks like you guys are having fun. Can't wait to see you guys at Halloween.
Kassi is getting big, you will have to bring her with you for Thanksgiving. We miss you guys.
Finally an update! ALOT has happened since your last post ha! But ya I know how busy you are ;) Kassi's costume is so cute!!! She looks so cute!! Well keep the posting :)
Hey guys look like a blast I especially like Jason's nails! sorry about your deer I had not heard that you "found" him. But looks like you are having fun and Kassie is getting so big- cant wait to see you at Thanksgiving- love you guys!
Post a Comment