Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One Week!!!

So I always love to look at everyone's blog and every time I do I think about how I need to update mine, but how I have nothing to update on. Our lives seem pretty routine to me! But last night Jason and I were sitting on the couch finalizing what medical schools he was going to apply to. In the background, America's got talent was on. I can't remember exactly what happened but someone made a funny face and lifted one eyebrow but not the other. Well it came out that I can't do that! I cannot lift one eyebrow higher than the other without scrunching my entire face and I look absolutely ridiculous! Jason and I were laughing hysterically! He was dying and said go get the camera and you need to blog about this! Well needless to say, I didn't get the camera but I did realize every blog doesn't need to have a huge update but just fun details about day to day life. I will try to do better but I can't promise anything!
School has been really busy! We are about a month and a half into the new semester and I'm not going to lie, it's a hard semester. Not because of the work itself, but because it's summer and warm outside. Normally I don't have to much of a problem with this but for some reason this summer I just want to be at the swimming pool or somewhere fun! Not sitting in school! It's also hard because we only have one day a week of clinic so all the other days are sitting in a classroom in lecture or taking impressions that cause me to gag every time! But there's no need to complain, it's getting me one step closer to being finished! We finally start injections tomorrow on each other so we'll see how that goes!!!
These last couple of months have also been hard and stressful as both Jason and I are feeling the huge pressure of medical school. We have been working our tails off trying to get his personal statement, med school application and everything else done that needs to be. He also has been studying like CRAZY for the mcat and it's finally almost here. I can't wait for it to be over so I can have a husband again! Poor thing spends all day everyday at work, school and the library! He's such a hard worker and I love him so much! I better get used to this only seeing him for an hour or so daily as this is probably how the next eight years of my life will be.
I have been able to do some fun things this summer too. My little brother Riley graduated from high school!!!!! He's supposed to still be the little boy I grew up with but he's graduated! Crazy. I wasn't able to go to the graduation because it was on a tuesday and I can't miss school without a deduction from my grades so instead I went down the sunday before for seminary graduation. Here are some fun pictures of my "little" brother!!







I am sure proud of this boy! He's such a good kid with an amazing testimony and I can't wait for him to move up here for a year then serve his mission next year!!! I love you buddy!!

We also are still having fun hanging out with Lamont and sometimes his brother Nathan. These are some pictures of us at nickel city for Nathan's birthday.




Last weekend, I was able to go down to richfield with my old roommate and good friend Tristan. We went to watch my little sister Shandi in the sevier county rodeo queening contest. This was the first year she has done it and she did awesome!! I was so proud of her! She modeled amazingly, gave her cute speech and rode her horse like a true cowgirl! She got first attendant in her category and is excited to be part of the rodeo's and parades!









So it has been a stressful but fun few months and the good news is Jason is almost done with this mcat!! Next thursday at one o'clock he will finally have it over! Please pray for him that he'll do well and we'll keep everyone updated!!! I'll do my best to keep blogging about the little things and not wait till I have "something" to blog about!!! Hope your all doing well and having a great summer enjoying the sun!!

3 comments:

Brian and Stacy said...

Kayli, I love to read about your everyday life, so I'm grateful that you blogged again. :) You always have way more pictures than I do, so it must be that your life is more eventful. Wait.....it IS more eventful because you guys are always doing something and being super busy!

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

YAY! and update! It was about time! Just kidding, I know how busy school gets! But it sounds like you're doing really well and will be done before you know it-seriously! Time flies!! Cute pics and tell your family good job on all the accomplishments! You're family is very successful!! It's awesome!

Donna said...

Kayli, glad you and Jason are doing well. We missed seeing you over the 4th of July :(