Saturday, August 28, 2010

Break!

Well our break was short lived but well worth it! I still have one more week before I go back to school, but Jason started school this last wed. the 25th. Coloradowas a blast! Jason and I left Friday morning and dropped Kassi off with Jessica. (Thanks Jess for watching her again!!!) We then drove 6 hours to Colorado. We arrived, checked in and got ready for the wedding. We rode the gondola to the top of the mountain at Steamboat Springs Ski Resort. It was such a pretty day and the view was amazing! The wedding was so nice and Kelsey was so gorgeous as always! It was well worth the drive! Kels and DJ were so happy together and it's been a long awaited wedding! Congratulations guys!!! We can't wait for you to come back to Utah! On Saturday, Jason and I explored steamboat. We went to the farmers market, looked through all the shops, rode the alpine slide, and went to a rodeo that night. Steamboat reminds me a lot of park city. It was a fun day. While there we also hiked 2 miles into see a waterfall and 2 miles back out.The falls were very pretty and it was a fun hike. We then drove home and got Kassi. Here are some pictures of our fun trip.




We were supposed to go to seven peaks on thurs. before we left for Colorado, but it rained that day so instead, my family and some of Danielle's friends came up on Tues. and we went. We had lots of fun and I'm glad they were able to come!




On Wed. morning at about 5:30 I woke up to this huge bang and then the power went out. The swamp cooler started to drain and I thought it had possibly just blown up! Well I got up and looked outside and saw police cars everywhere and I decided it was something much bigger than our swamp cooler. They were lighting flairs in front of our house and everything, it was crazy! The next morning, I found out that a semi had hit a pole at the end of our street, rolled over, and six more power lines had fallen down. It was quite the sight! I was really worried about our food in our freezer and fridge! We took our ice cream and stuff that would melt quickly up to Riley's apartment to store it there and eventually rented a generator because they told us we wouldn't have power for at least a day! Well it finally came back on in the night that night but a whole day without power sure made me glad I live in the times of electricity!!! I'm so dependent it's ridiculous! I don't know how the pioneers did it! Since then, we've just been busy with school and work. It's been so fun to have Riley living up here! Today Jason is doing a big yard sale with the scouts as a fundraiser and we're getting our carpets cleaned so my house is a mess. We've moved all the furniture into the kitchen, outside and downstairs. It will be nice when everything is all put back together! Well that's our life for now!

1 comment:

Brian and Stacy said...

Two blog updates! Whoa!! You're way ahead of yourself! :) Colorado looks beautiful and I love the pictures of you two. So pretty. Kelsey looks gorgeous! Hopefully I'll see her again someday since she's not living there. :( Let us know if you need help moving furniture! I'll volunteer Brian and Claire and I will cheer you on. I can move chairs or something. :)