On Adi's actual birthday, Jason was going to have to be at the hospital on his OBGYN rotation so I decided to take her down to my mom's house for a family party. The day before we went down to Richfield, Jason and I took Adi to celebrate! I took her to story time that morning and that evening, we took her the the trampoline gym. She loved it except that she wasn't feeling very well so she would get tired after a few jumps and start coughing. Poor girl! We had lots of laughs though so it was all worth it!
On her birthday, we had everybody over to my mom's house for cake and ice cream. She got so many fun gifts from everybody. Grandma Jensen made her a beautiful dress and got her one in guatemala as well. Grammy gave her a kitchen play set which she loves as well as some clothes and a horsey. She was spoiled rotten by everyone there!
I can't believe our beautiful little girl is already two! Where did the time go? She's still supposed to be our little tiny baby we brought home from the hospital right? She is so much fun though! Here are some things about Adi at two:
- She loves to sing still! She remembers so many songs to sing all by herself including, I love to see the temple, you are my sunshine, there was a little house in the middle of the woods, I am a child of god (most of it), and many other fun songs!
- She can count to 10 by herself
- She knows all her colors and has for quite a while
- She loves to watch the Lorax in the car and any youtube videos at home that we will let her.
- She loves animals
- She talks so well with full sentences and everyone thinks she is much older than she is.
- She has all of her teeth except her 2nd molars which are coming in right now.
At Adi's two year old appointment:
- Adi weighed 27 lbs (50th%)
- Her height is 35.1" (85th%)
- Her head was 18.7" (25th%)
We love this little girl so much and can't imagine life without her. Not a day goes by where she doesn't make us laugh. Some of Adi's funny things she has said or lately include
- Jason asked Adi to give him a kissypoo which he had never said before. She looked at him with curious eyes, thought about it for a minute, walked over put her lips on his cheek and said poo.
- She was sitting on Riley's lap playing with him and immediately stopped, grabbed his face, looked at his funny ear, looked to the other ear, back to his funny ear and said "what happened, what happened".
- We were getting ready to go to the babysitter, but I had to leave much earlier than normal. It was still completely dark outside and when we walked out to the car, she stepped outside, looked up with huge eyes and said, "WHOA!"
- We were looking at a book that is full of animals. There was a cheetah on one page. Jason said, "That's what mommy is when we play words with friends." Adi said, "Mommy cheetah". I said "no Adi Cheetah". Adi turned to me and replied, "No mommy cheetah, Adi stinker."
- One day I was vacuuming and Adi was sitting at the computer watching storybots so she wasn't in the way. I finished and turned of the vacuum. Adi looks at me and said in as high of voice as she could make and very excitedly, "You did it!!! Good job mom!!" I could vacuum everyday with that praise!!
- I was making lunch one day and Adi wanted to wash her hands because she loves to play in the water. I had just boughten some step stools and for some reason she felt like she could reach better in the basement bathroom even though the sinks are the exact same height. She said mom I need to wash my hands downstairs. I told her she should just do it up here. She said no I need to go downstairs. I replied, "Adi I need to finish lunch though." She said, "Ok, see you later mom".... and headed downstairs!
We are constantly entertained by this one. Thats for sure! But, Adi has the sweetest heart as well. Anytime that Jason is tickling me or teasing me, Adi will break into tears. At one of her babysitters, if the baby starts to cry at all she is right there comforting her saying, "It's ok Brylynne". She is so sweet and we love her more than words can express!














No comments:
Post a Comment