Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Broken Binkie


It was time for Adi to give up her binkie and I was SO nervous! This girl LOVED her binkie.  We had warned her for several nights in advance that her binkie would break when she was too big for it. One night after she had fallen asleep, I snuck in there and cut the tip of the binkie. I thought she would sleep through the night but unfortunately, she didn't. She woke up in the middle of the night saying, It's broken, it's broken. I went in and cuddled her and we both cried for a minute. It was so sad to see my baby so heartbroken. After a few minutes of rocking she went back in her crib and fell right to sleep. The next day I took her to build a bear to get her something to sleep with instead of her binkie. She chose princess bear. She had a few rough nights for the next week and naps have shortened a bit occasionally but overall she has done great. We give her a book to read at nap which helps. Everyonce in a while she'll still remind me that her binkie broke and that she doesn't need it anymore! I sure love this sweet girl!



No comments: