Warning, this may be a long post because I'm the worst blogger ever! But yes, life as we knew it is officially over! There are so many changes happening this year it's crazy! But first I'll recap this last semester. This last semester of dental hygiene school was CRAZY! There wasn't tons of school work but definitely enough to keep us busy, but on top of that we had to study for boards, find a boards patient, and finish all our requirements. Thank goodness I passed my national written boards and was excited to have that over! I also took my process of care boards which I won't find out my score until I get my clinical boards score which I don't take till the first week in May. I luckily found a patient that I think will be awesome for boards! He's a really nice guy and I'm excited to get that overwith so I can really be done! Graduation was wonderful. It was a little bitter sweet knowing that I may not see some of these girls for a long time if ever. I didn't think I'd miss school at all but I will miss them. We spent 20 long months together and you all just kind of become family. Here are some pictures from graduation.
It was such a great feeling to be graduated! I now have a paper that even says I'm smarter :) I also was honored to receive the excellence in profession care award. I got a nice framed certificate to hang up. After graduation, we had a dinner at my house and I had so much support. My family was there, Jason's parents were there, stacy and brian came as well as scott and michelle and chase and becky. We had lots of fun chatting and eating but of course I forgot to pull out the camera! Thanks for all the support not only at graduation, but for all those who got me through dental hygiene school; especially my sweet husband. I couldn't have done it without you!
The week before graduation I also was in charge of putting together the senior banquet. We had a luau themed party with a slideshow, pinatas (I'm not sure how to spell that), and fun awards. It turned out great but all the pictures are on my mom's camera so I'll have to post those later.
Jason has had a crazy semester too. He only took a couple of classes but with working full time and going to school he's been super busy. Many many nights I don't see him till midnight due to him going straight to the school after work then to late night anatomy open lab. Needless to say, we haven't seen much of each other! We have gotten to do a few fun things though. We were able to go with Riley to see where he was going on his mission. Here are some fun pictures of that! I love grandma's face in this first one! She got to see where he was going before he read it and this was her expression. That's when we knew it was somewhere crazy!
Yep, he's headed to Johannesburg South Africa. He leaves here on August 30th and will get to the South Africa MTC on Sept. 1st. It's pretty crazy!!! We're pretty excited for him!
So yes, life for us is changing! Jason was wait listed at the University of Utah so we just get to wait some more! They say the last day to be notified is August 16 which is when school starts so we are just praying that he gets in! We are both done with school until Jason starts medical school so that will be a nice break! I am thoroughly looking forward to a summer together!!! Especially since it will be the last one with just the two of us!!! Yes, I am pregnant for those of you who don't know yet! I am fifteen weeks right now and our little one is due on Oct. 11, 2011. We are so excited and anxiously waiting to find out the gender! We had an ultrasound at was at 10 weeks so the baby was very little! Here's a picture of that ultrasound.

Thank goodness I really haven't been too sick. I've thrown up about a dozen times, but it's always been at home usually in the morning. I would get nauseous throughout the day but nothing that I couldn't handle. I was really nervous at first not knowing how sick I was going to be because I was still in school but I have been super blessed and it hasn't been that bad!!!
So for now, we plan on staying in provo unless Jason gets into the U then we'll move to salt lake area. We are going to reapply as if he's not in (unless we hear otherwise first) to just a couple of schools while waiting to see about the U. Then if he doesn't get in this year, we'll have applied to just a few and then really apply again the next year. Hopefully it won't take that long but that's the plan for now. I am working again for Dr. Packer as an assistant three days a week, then when my license comes, I'll work as a hygienist for him 2 days a week. It will be perfect after the baby comes and I may try to temp a few other days before the baby comes. I'm very excited for all the changes going on and can't wait for the warm weather to come so we can go camping and be outside!!!
Hope everyone is doing well and I am going to be better at updating now that I'm out of school and have some time at home without homework!!!! :) Then my posts won't have to be a mile long!!!!
10 comments:
Congratulations on everything! :) I'm excited for you and Jason! You'll be great parents. It's also such a great feeling to finally be done with school!
I knew it. I could feel you were going to announce that you were pregnant. Congratulations! Now I can laugh and say you were wrong. You guys always said I would have a baby first. Nope!
Congratulations on finishing school. That's so great. The waiting game is hard. Tell Jason good luck. Hope it all works out for you!
SOOO excited for you guys! Congrats on graduating and sorry we couldnt come. We are so excited to find out what you are having too, cant wait to see you over easter. And just so you know some of my very best friend (8 years later ) are the girls I went to nursing school with so I know what you mean when you say they become family! They will be friend for life!
Congrats on so many things! Baby, graduation, life changes :) So excited for you guys! :)
....we are sad that you won't be going to Creighton though ha :(
Yeah...your life sound exciting and is only going to get more so :) congrats with everything and I'm so excited for you to have a little baby!!!
Wahoo!!! I'm so glad you posted the picture of little peanut!! I'm so excited for you guys on everything....except the moving part. :( sigh, sometimes growing up stinks. You look beautiful, as always.
Yay! Congratulations! Being a mom is the best thing ever! You're going to love it! Congrats on finishing school also! Hope to see you guys soon!
KAYLI!!! I had no idea! CoNgRaTs on MANY terms! Graduation, baby, job, boards, brothers mission, Jason as an alternate...etc! I am so excited! That's good you aren't sick! Ahh!! I'm so excited! I can't believe you kept it a secret all this time-or maybe you've already told and I'm just finding out-but it's so fun...ALL of it. I seriously miss being pregnant! I LOVED it! But having him here is the best blessing in th world-the whole thing is a miracle! Good luck and enjoy EVERY SECOND!!! We need to come see you guys now that you have time :) And enjoy spending time together for the first time without studying on the back of your mind!
Wow, where to begin! CONGRATULATIONS for so many things! The baby, finishing school, passing boards, having a job lined up already, Riley's mission,... Good luck with your clinical board. You will do great! Good luck to Jason too, getting into school. Was it optometry? You're right! Big changes! We're so happy for you guys! :)
Post a Comment