Thursday, May 26, 2011

Count Your Many Blessings!!!

Jason and I are loving being out of school and hanging out together. We are both working a lot but it's so nice to have most nights together!! So much has happened in the last month. At the beginning of may, I took my clinical board exam. I was very nervous because a few girls had their patients cancel on them the week of boards so I was calling my poor patient constantly! Well I walked in Saturday morning at 6:45 and he was there waiting! Everything went well but I was still very nervous. So then it was just time to wait formy scores which we were told would take 4-6 weeks.
Sat. after boards, we went down to Richfield for the weekend to see grandpa woody who came down from Idaho and to celebrate Alissa's birthday. The next weekend we went back down to watch Danielle's pageant Miss Sevier County. She did SO well and got second attendant! I am so so proud of her!!
So here I am waiting for my scores, Jason on the waiting list for medical school, and our lives just kinda on hold.... but not for long! We have been SO SO blessed by our heavenly father! On May 12th, Jason and I were sitting in the doctors office for a check up for the baby and he was checking his email on the iPad. Well he received an email from an agency saying the University of Utah was requesting a background check because he had either been waitlisted or accepted. Most schools send these out, but we had heard from other students that the U only sent them out if you had been accepted. We were dying wondering. So after the appointment, we went home and looked on the website and sure enough, it said that the U only sends out background checks after you've accepted a position. Well, Jason hadn't gotten an acceptance yet so we began to wonder, Is he in? Is it a mistake? Did they change their policy? AHH! Well we tried to call the admissions office but they were closed till monday so all weekend we wondered. Monday morning, I had an eye doctor appointment at Jason's work. So I arrive and he takes me back into the room and began asking how my eye was feeling today and all the questions that he has to ask and just decided to throw in there, oh yeah, I got into the U! WHAT! I was so excited! All the cute front desk ladies throw open the door and start screaming (cause they all knew). It was way funny. That morning he had called the admissions office to ask them about the background check and they said very casually, oh we sent your acceptance letter on the 11th so you should get it today. Oh man! What a relief! It's so so amazing that we don't have to fill out applications again this year, don't have to retake the MCAT, and he gets to start this August!!! Yeah! So that was the start of it all.
Then on wed., I found out that after only a week and a half, our scores were posted and I had passed my last two dental hygiene boards! All five finally complete!! Thursday I applied for my license, which they told me would take three weeks but as soon as it was active online, I could begin working. Well the next wednesday I went to work and saw that one of my hygiene friends' license was active according to facebook so I checked mine and yep, in less than a week, mine was also! I told Dr. Packer and he said great, start today!!! It was a great first day! Nothing to crazy so it was perfect for the first day! Can I just tell you how much I love working for Dr. Packer and Lisa! They are SO wonderful and I'm so so spoiled! I even get an assistant when she's not busy to help me chart and everything! I love it! I'm so excited that I get such an awesome job that fits so well with being a mom as soon as our baby comes!
Speaking of baby, on May 24th, we were able to go to the doctor for our 20 week ultrasound and found out that we are having a baby GIRL!!! We are so excited! It's so nice to be able to call her her rather than, he or she! Most importantly, we also found out everything is looking good and she looks nice and healthy!!! That night we had our great friends Brian and Stacy bring us the cutest little outfit, along with bows and receiving blankets that she spent all day making for us! They are such amazing friends! They also let us borrow their cell phones they don't use anymore to call everyone to tell them we were having a girl because our minutes were up with my boards, jason getting accepted and everything else! It's so great having such wonderful friends! We have so much fun with them and their cute little claire!!! Here is just a fun picture of claire the other night!


So if you can't tell, Jason and I have been SO BLESSED this last month! My heart is so full of gratitude to my heavenly father for all he does for us! I truly am so grateful for the gospel and I KNOW prayers truly are answered! He loves us and watches out for us daily!!! Most of all I'm so grateful for my eternal family!!!

So now we are just trying to decide what to do next! We will move to salt lake in August and were just going to rent, but many people have told us it's such a great time to buy a townhouse or condo so now we're having second thoughts! Such big decisions!!! It's crazy! So any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
This weekend is so bitter sweet! Our sweet foreign exchange sister Giovanna is leaving! We are going to miss her so much! It's been such an amazing year having her here and she's just part of our family now! I know her family in Brazil misses her so much and so it will be good to go home but we will miss her dearly!!! This is a picture of a trip we took to the conference center in April. She's so sweet and we will miss her so so much!

Hope you are all doing well and know how much we appreciate your prayers in our behalf! They truly have been answered!

3 comments:

The Damron's said...

Yeah! we love you guys, and you both are amazing. you have worked so hard for all these blessings, and its just fun to see al the hard work pay off! Congrats!

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Kayli you ARE blessed!! You have alot goin for ya!! Good luck with it all! I'm so glad you got a good job that will work with you having babies-I know some that don't. I'm glad to hear everything is looking healthy with her! That feels good huh? I'm so excited and can't wait to meet this little button!!

Melissa said...

Congrats for everything! The baby, Jason's school, your boards! Awesome!
P.S. On the townhouse, now is a great time to buy, but not the best time to sell. Make sure that you can stay there a while if you can't sell right when you want to...of course in a few years it may be different. :) Sounds like fun and happy hunting!